What is ACA?
American Camp Association (ACA) is a community of camp professionals who, for nearly 100 years, have shared their knowledge and experience to ensure the quality of camp programs.
ACA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience, and is committed to helping all camps provide:
- Camp communities committed to a safe, nurturing environment
- Caring, competent adult role models
- Healthy, developmentally-appropriate experiences
- Service to the community and the natural world
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth
- Discovery, experiential education, and learning opportunities
- Excellence and continuous self-improvement
ACA provides camps the opportunity to undergo a voluntary accreditation process. During the process, the ACA does a thorough evaluation of the camps operations, from staff qualifications and training to emergency management.
Camps who are ACA accredited receive many benefits including training for industry standards, business partnerships, access to various camp associations, as well several other advantages.
To learn more about the significance of ACA accreditation, as well as other ACA incentives visit www.campparents.org